A new version of this cool front-end for blueMSX (and also openMSX) is available !
Here’s the list of the new features :
- added IPS patch tool
- added ability to change relative path of games (useful when you move your game files to a different location)
- improved the Italian translation and added an Italian help file
- added Catalan language
- added a bar above the game list that shows supported sound chips for the selected game (if such information is available)
- added the ability to import extra profile data for selected games rather than the whole database
- allowed profiles to be saved without requiring ROMs, disks, tapes or hard disks (useful when you want the launcher to start blueMSX with a specific machine or start openMSX with specific arguments)
- added a new tab in the game properties window for Generation-MSX ID that can only be set by an import of extra profile data
- added an option to back up databases before importing extra profile data into them
- expanded the extra profile database and game screenshots (some screenshots were renamed, so you may need to reimport the extra profile data)
- moved some actions from ‘Tools’ to ‘Actions’ menu
- fixed a bug in the ‘Save Filter’ feature (previously created filters must be deleted and recreated after the upgrade to this version)
- fixed other bugs
All the screenshots were made initially by Fabio Albergaria, the webmaster of MSX Solutions. Sam Elsharif has added many screenshots in versions 1.1 and 1.2 of the bonus file.
You can find this front-end and its bonus (the screenshots) on the Resource page of the famous emulator’s website !