Back to menu
Creating cas images
Remark : SC-3000 cassettes are not yet
Some games allow to save data on tape, so you
need to create a new empty tape image.
It is also the case if you want to save files
on a new tape.
How to create and insert a new
empty CAS file ?
- click on File / Cassette / Insert
- type a new name in the filename field and
click on the button "Open"
How to save data on a CAS file ?
- check first in File / Cassette if the tape
is not in only reading mode
Especially for games, the direct writing mode
is recommended to avoid data loss but you
could have some good reasons to use the only
- use eventually the Set Position option to
choose the good position on the tape image
- follow the saving instructions that are
specific to some games
- for your own BASIC or binary files, use the
appropriate MSX-BASIC commands and press on
RETURN (the ENTER key of your PC)
||To save BASIC files in ASCII mode
||To save binary files
||To save BASIC files in tokenized
- if the tape is in only reading mode,
don't forget to use the Save Cassette Image
option of the File / Cassette menu and select
eventually the appropriate format of the CAS
file : older fMSX98/AT CAS format, standard
fMSX-DOS CAS format or SVI-318/328 format.
Back to menu