| Back to menu
How to load a cheat for a game ?
- start the emulator with the concerned game
- generally before the real start of the game,
pause the emulator by pressing on F9
- start the trainer by using the shortcut RCtrl+RSft+T
- in the "Active cheats" parts, click
on the folder icon to select a .mcf file
in one subdirectory (coleco, msx, sega, svi) of
the Tools\Cheats subdirectory
- select the cheat(s) that you want to use, it
will be enabled by default
- click on "Run"
By default, if the .mcf file is in the old format
(as it is the case with all the . mcf files
shipped with blueMSX), the cheat value will be
displayed under its hexadecimal form. If you
prefer the decimal form, you need to double-click
on the cheat to modify it.
Example with the cheat file for Gradius 1 -
Some little tips
- don't enable at the same time all the cheats
for a game, but use them only in accordance with
your real needs in the game;
- some cheats can only be enabled after the start
of the game, so don't complain if they don't work
- some cheats allow to play directly a level or
stage, you must disable them or modify them when
you come at the end of this level or stage;
- generally, the cheats make the game easier, but
in some cases, you will find cheats for
masochists or superheroes that make the game
- for some games, it's useful to read the .mcf
file as it will give you some additionnal
- for some games with complex cheats, you will
find 2 .mcf files : the normal version
and the extended version (with more in
- in all cases, see these cheats as additional
fun, not a way to spoil the real fun and don't
use them if you are shocked :)
If you make save states or video captures,
the parameters of the cheats are not saved.
So it means that if you load later a save state
or a video capture, you need to re-apply exactly
the same cheats on the game after loading of the
save state or video capture.
How to modify a cheat for a game ?
- double-click on the concerned
cheat to access to the same window than for
- generally, you need only to
change the "Value" field
How to save a cheat for a game ?
- in the "Active cheats"
parts, click on the diskette icon
- enter the name of the file that will be saved
with the .mcf extension in one
subdirectory (coleco, msx, sega, svi) of the
Back to menu